Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rainbows - POEM

This moment is calling for every bit of courage I have.
My heart beating fast,
My pulse racing a race of one.
And I stand bracing myself for her to show.
To show and put to ease the skirmishing butterflies I feel.
I feel...
Hopeful.
But there is an awkward anxiety that seeks the deeper places that the light of her smile hasn't reached yet to claim as it's own.
My ears are alert,
Trying to hear if for me her heart groans.
I admit little outside the physically obvious is known,
But from much more barren soil,
The harvest of love has been grown.
I stand firm though.
Glad my own cowardice didn't anticipate her answer “No.”
We've both been through storms...
And the unseen of tomorrow won't claim what of today I know...
Let's find each other...together let's find our rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment