Thursday, January 22, 2009

Can I tell you how I feel about you? - Poem

Can I tell you how I feel about you?
Because with each day that passes,
With each moment unspent together,
I know better the loneliness,
of the abyss of a dream deferred for the safety of unspoken words,
only enjoying friendly dealings and not the ones for which my heart is bleeding.

I speak the words in my head for me to hear,
And in the end I wish you had also heard how beautiful I thought you were.
How lovely your smile is to me,
How much time together with you means to me.

Can I tell you how I feel about you,
Can I take the words that I craft in my heart,
And let your examination of them start,
In the hope that the diagnosis is yes,
if not for more than just a day of you and me?

But the side effects of no longer letting my heart be neglected,
May be reflected in the way you see me from then on.
See I can’t be the friend I was if you see me as the hunter,
And yourself as the prey, because the simplicity of a visit one day,
Will be viewed as me trying to steer your stare my way.

But I would rather have a life without you,
Rather than my love being wasted on the afterthoughts of you.
So can I let you know, can I bring forth the words before I go?
Lets see what happens,
when God lets me know, I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment