Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Caring past the point of no return - Poem

Mean stuff is said as camouflage.
She's behind enemy lines,
and my defenses are broken down.
I hear that all too familiar sound...
She's making my heart race.
I knew this was going to happen,
but her smile slowed me putting my ultra, super deluxe fence in place.
Now look at me...
Standing face to face,
Trying to act as if I'm still cool.
She's no fool,
and neither am I...well I'm her fool but that's the only exception.
I glance away before making eye contact,
as if surrender and conquest are far from my mind.
Just friendly,
At least one of us knows that I'm lying.
I'm dying,
To say or do anything but doing nothing is really trying.
This is what I get for spying,
For caring pass the point of no return,
Passed where interested turns to yearning.
Have I not learned anything from the past?
When it comes to putting up fences...be fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment