Thursday, September 9, 2010

Senses(Poem)

Words fail me to describe what I feel when I'm around you.
I scribble,
I mumble,
I over-analyze each word.
And when I think I've found the right arrangement of sounds and syllables.
You smile...
And what I thought had the hope of telling you what I was feeling is
now rendered worthless.
I'm in love with you,
A creature so wonderful,
You reduce the most evolved vocabulary to giggles, smirks and sighs.
It's at those moments,
I wish my ears were yours when I heard your voice on the phone when I
first called.
Those same ears would have heard my heart beating fast hoping you'd
answer, not be busy and could talk for a minute or two.
I wish my hands were yours at the very moment you held mine for the first time.
If my eyes were yours,
You'd have seen only what a man blessed by God with his perfect compliment saw.
My lips could be yours and tell you how soft your lips were when we
first kissed.
With my tongue you'd understand the difficulty an imperfect man has in
trying to describe his love for the perfection before him.
And in those moments we fight,
In those moments we have the hardest time understanding one another.
I'd lend you my heart and my mind.
That you might always know that I cherish you, then and all the more now.
That you might know that I think about you more than you'll ever know.
And that I still love you,
Even when my love for you is so hard to show.
Even when I tried to put my true feelings away...
I manage to think of the only words that come closest to what I'm
trying to say...
“I love you now, this and every day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment