Thursday, September 9, 2010

Give Us Heart Us Free(Poem)

Let me go.

Let my mind wonder free from thoughts of you, us and anything that has to do with love.

I just want to sleep at night and not wonder how you are doing.

Or hear some song,

And the first thing on my mind is you.

I just want the cure.

The antidote that removes this poison that keeps reminding me of you again and again.

I know against you I bore immature sin,

And I believe as punishment I deserve to long for you,

To thirst for you,

To crave your nourishment,

But to what end???

Each date, each pleasant conversation with another,

Is like my parole hearing.

And the board keeps denying me my freedom.

Back to cellblock J I go.

Each pretender is nice…but a you…NO, NO, NO!!!

And just when I think you are out my system,

I become a repeat offender.

Caught up in my past glory,

No alibi,

Just another lie to myself.

Well enough alone should have just been left,

And now the budding freedom from this curse of the heart,

Has been stolen,

Better commonsense has been far from smart.

I’m serving cruel and delusional punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment